MOA of MSPHC&W
MEMORANDUM OF ASSOCIATION OF THE MAHARASHTRA STATE POLICE HOUSING & WELFARE CORPORATION LTD.
I. The name of the Company in THE MAHARASHTRA STATE POLICE HOUSING & WELFARE CORPORATION LIMITED
II. The Registered Office of the Company will be situated in the State of Maharashtra.
III. The objects for which the Company is established are :-
(A) Main objects of the Company to be pursued on incorporation by the Company.
1. To undertake construction of buildings for the housing of employees of the Government of Maharashtra in the Police and Jail Departments:
2. To formulate and execute Housing Schemes for the benefit of serving and retired employees of the Government of Maharashtra in the Police and Jail Departments:
3. To establish, maintain, conduct and run schools, colleges, training institutions and hostels for the employees and retired employees (including their families) of the Government of Maharashtra in the Police and Jail Departments:
4. To establish, maintain, conduct and run hospitals, maternity homes, convalescent homes, dispensaries and other health centers, markets, shop and stores, clubs, auditoria and places of public entertainment, transport services, hotels, restaurants and cafes, dairies, for the benefit of the employees and retired employees (including their families) of the Government of Maharashtra in the Police and Jail Department.
5. To undertake construction of different types of administrative and executive buildings for use and occupation by officers and employees of the Government of Maharashtra in the Police and Jail Departments.
6. To undertake construction of the building to be used as shop or shops for any mercantile or business user and to dispose-off such building or buildings or units contained therein by sale, lease or otherwise in consideration of the price or premium or rent payable to the Corporation.
(B) Objects ancillary or incidental to the attainment of the above main objects:-
7. To raise funds necessary for the above and other allied objects, by issue of share capital, securing loans from Government and other sources, including financial institutions and banks on reasonable rate of interest, to arrange for their utilisation and proper repayment, to obtain the grants available from the Central or/ and State Government to achieve the aforesaid objects:
8. To borrow or raise money from the issue of or upon bonds, debentures, bills of exchange, promissory notes or other obligations or securities of the Company, or by mortgage, hypothecation, pledge or charge of all or any part of the property of the Company or of its uncalled capital or in such other manner as the Company shall think fit.
9. To grant loans to serving and retiring employees of the Government of Maharashtra in the Police Department and Jail Department for purchase of lands and buildings or for construction and repairs or dwelling and their appurtenances.
10. To enter into contracts with persons, institutions or organisation to carry out the objects of the Company.
11. To procure and arrange for the necessary machinery, material, equipment, technical and managerial assistance, information, instruction, inspection, supervision and other facilities for the purpose of carrying into effect any of the objects of the Company.
12. To sell, improve, manage, develop, exchange, transfer, lease, mortgage, enfranchise, dispose of turn to account, maintain or otherwise deal with all or any part of the property and rights of the Company.
13. To acquire by purchase, exchange, lease, transfer or otherwise howsoever, the lands and/or building necessary for carrying out any of the objects of the Company.
14. To acquire by purchase, by direct negotiation, exchange or otherwise, any property necessary for or affected by execution of the Housing and/ or Development Schemes of the Company.
15. Generally to purchase, take or lease, transfer or in exchange, hire or acquire any real or personal property and any rights or privileges which the Company may think necessary or convenient for the purpose of its activities and in particular any land, buildings easement, machinery plant and stock in trade.
16. To enter into any arrangement with the Government of Maharashtra, The Government of India, Government of any other State or Corporate Body or Local Authority, or any person for the purposes of carrying out the objects of the Company or furthering its interest and to obtain from such Government, Local Authority, Corporate Body or Person, any charters, subsidies, loans, indemnities, grants, contracts, licenses rights, concessions privileges or immunities which the Company may think it desirable to obtain and exercise and Comply with any such arrangements, rights, privileges and concessions.
17. To make draw, accept, endorse, discount, execute, issue and negotiate, cheques, bills of exchange, promissory notes, debentures and other negotiable or transferable instruments (but not to do the business of banking as defined in the Banking Companies Act, 1949 (Central Act 10 of 1949)
18. To invest any moneys of the Company not for the time being required for any of the purpose of the company in such investments (other than shares or stocks in the Company) as may be considered proper and to hold or otherwise deal with such investments.
19. To receive money on deposit and to lend money and/ or give such help whether monetary or otherwise and on such terms and conditions with or without interest to such persons or companies and on such terms as may seem expedient.
20. To enter into partnership or into any arrangements for sharing profits, union of interest, co-operation, joint venture, reciprocal concession, or otherwise, with any person or Company or Companies carrying on or engaged in or about to carry on, or engage in any business or transaction which this Company is authorised to carry on, engage in or any business or transaction capable of being conducted so as directly or indirectly to benefit this Company. And to lend money to, guarantee the contracts of, or otherwise assist, any such person, firm or company and to take or otherwise acquire shares and securities of any such company and to sell, hold, reissue, with or without guarantee, or otherwise deal with the same.
21. From time to time to establish or to subscribe or contribute guarantee money or to give donation to any charitable, benevolent, religious, scientific or national trusts, funds, associations, and institutions and to any other useful object, purpose fund, institution of a public character which in the opinion of the Board of Directors is likely to promote the interests of the business of the Company or to further its objects or to increase its repute or popularity among its employees, its customers, or the public or otherwise and/ or any charitable or useful funds whatsoever or for any exhibition.
22. To build, construct, arrange for construction of buildings, houses, residential premises, dwelling houses, for the benefit of the employees or retired employees (including their families) of Government of Maharashtra in the Police Department or in the Jail Department and to form or incorporate Co-operative Societies for them and to give flats in the houses, buildings, residential premises, dwelling houses on ownership basis, or hire-purchase basis or such other beneficial manner, subject to all statutes in force.
23. To undertake or assist investigation of problems concerning employees and retired employees (including their families) of the Police and Jail Departments of the State of Maharashtra or concerning their social and economic development in general and to prepare or cause to be prepared project and other reports and statistics useful to such investigations.
24. To establish, maintain and operate general education institutions, schools and colleges, and hostels for the benefits of the children of the employees or retired employees of the Company, their dependents or of such persons and other and to make grants and awards and grant scholarships.
25. To establish and support or aid in the establishment and support of associations, institutions, funds, trusts and convenience calculate to benefit the employees or retired ex- employees of the Government of Maharashtra in the Police Department and Jail Department and of the Company or their dependents relations of such persons and to grant pensions and allowances, and to make payment towards the life and accident insurance of them and to subscribe or guarantee money for charitable or benevolent or any exhibition or for any public or general or useful object.
26. To establish, provide and conduct or otherwise subsidise research laboratories and experimental workshops for scientific and research experiments and to undertake and carry on scientific and technical researches, experiments and tests of all kinds, to promote study and researches, both scientific and technical, investigation and inventions by providing, subsidising, endowing or assisting laboratories, workshops, libraries, lectures, meetings, seminars, conferences, and by providing or contributing to the remuneration of scientific or technical professors or teachers or by providing or contributing to the award of scholarship, prizes, greates to students or otherwise and generally to encourage, promote and reward studies, researches, investigations, experiments tests and inventions.
27. To establish, maintain and operate hospitals, dispensaries, first aid centres and other medical institutions, public health installations, market shops and stores, clubs, cinemas and entertainment places, motor transport services, housing colonies, hotels and restaurants, guest houses, hostels, dhobykhanas, dairies, fire service stations etc., for the benefit of the Company’s employees and their families and others.
28. To provide drainage facilities, lighting, laying of roads, paths and parks etc., in the construction and for housing schemes formulated, propounded executed or adopted by the Company.
29. To lay or relay out of any land comprised in the schemes, to distribute or redistribute sites or houses, to close or demolish dwelling or portions of dwellings unfit for human habitation, to demolish obstructive building or portions of buildings, the construction and reconstruction of buildings their maintenance, and preservation, the construction and alteration of streets and backlanes, the provision of draining, water supply and lighting of the area included in the schemes, the provision of parks, play-grounds and open spaces for the benefit of any area comprised in the schemes or any adjoining area and the enlargement of existing park, approaches.
30. To formulate and execute schemes or measures for social and economic welfare of employees and retired employees (including their families) of the Government of Maharashtra in the Police and Jail Department.
31. To provide facilities for communication and transport for the benefit of residents and persons employed in the said schemes.
32. The collection of such information, data and statistics as may be necessary for carrying out its objects.
33. To refer all questions, disputes or differences (whether present or future) arising between the Company and any other person whomsoever in connection with or in respect of any matters either relating to the business or affairs of the Company or otherwise to arbitration either in India or abroad in such manner and upon such terms and conditions as the Company and such other person may mutually agree upon and such reference to arbitration may be made in accordance with the provisions of any law in India relating to arbitration or in accordance with any other foreign system of law or in accordance with the rules of any chamber of commerce (either Indian or foreign international)
34. Subject to the provisions of the Companies Act, 1956, or any other enactment in force, to indemnify and keep indemnified members, officers, directors, agent, employees and servants of the Company against proceedings, costs, damages, claims and demands in respects of any thing done or ordered to be done by them for and in the interest of the Company and for any loss, damages or misfortune whatever which shall happen in the execution of the duties of their office or in relation thereto.
35. Any generally to do all other acts matters and things as may appear to be incidental or conducive to the attainment of the above objects or any of them or consequential upon the exercise of its powers or discharges of its duties, and for the generally efficiency of its schemes.
(C) Other Objects:-
36. To sell purchase, distribute publish and otherwise deal with books, periodicals, journals, magazines, newspapers and to undertake other literary activities.
37. To carry on the business of printing books, periodicals, journals, magazines, Newspapers, pictures, greeting cards and other articles.
38. To promote any company for the purpose of acquiring all or any of the property and liabilities of the Company or for any purpose that may seem directly or indirectly calculated to benefit the Company.
39. To amalgamate with any Company or Companies having objects altogether or in part similar to those of the Company.
IV The liability of the members is limited.
V The authorised share capital of the Company is Rs.10,00,00,000/- (Rs. Ten Crores Only) divided into 1,00,000/- (Rs.One Lacs Only) eqity shares of Rs.1,000/- (Rs. One Thousand) each, with rights, privileges and conditions attaching thereto as may be provided by the Articles of Association of the Company, with power to increase or reduce the capital and to divide the shares into several classes and attaching thereto such preferential and other rights as may be determined by or in accordance with the Articles of Association of the Company.